There’s a lot more to furniture storage than most of us think. It’s not just a matter of stacking your unused furniture away in a storage space without much thought. Effective furniture storage requires additional steps to ensure your belongings are kept safe, protected and damage-free.
In this article, we’ll explore some time and money saving tips to make furniture storage a breeze.
Reasons To Store Furniture
From not having enough space at home, to requiring temporary storage in between house moves, there are plenty of reasons to consider different furniture storage solutions. No matter what your reason, there are several furniture storage options available to suit different needs.
How Long Will I Need To Store My Furniture?
An important thing to consider when choosing between furniture storage options is the length of time you are looking to store your furniture away. If you end up requiring long term storage, you’ll need to factor this time frame into the long-term cost of hiring a storage space or using a professional storage company over an extended period.
Being realistic with timeframes before considering your furniture storage options can potentially save you money in the long term.
What Are My Furniture Storage Options?
- Free Storage – this option is ideal for those who know someone with a bit of spare space in their garage or self-storage container that they are willing to share with you. The beauty of this storage option is that you can save quite a bit of money on storing your furniture by choosing this method. The main thing to take note of with this furniture storage option is that you agree on the storage period beforehand so that everyone is on the same page.
- Self Storage – self storage options are self-managed, contained storage units for storing furniture and other belongings. Storage units are often leased out on a month-to-month basis to businesses or individuals, making it a flexible long or short-term storage solution. Ideal for storing home or office furniture, paperwork and equipment offsite, these self-storage units are a secure and cost-effective way to store your furniture on a temporary basis.
- Renting A Room Or Office – another option for storing your furniture is to rent an additional room or office space. However, in comparison to other furniture storage options, renting out an entire room or office space comes at a significantly higher price than other storage solutions. Unless you are looking to fully utilise the benefits of renting out an entire room or office space, other more cost-effective furniture storage options might be more suited to your budget and needs.
- Storing Furniture With Your Professional Removalist Team
Storing your furniture with your local furniture removalist is not only convenient, but it’s also cost-effective. If you are already moving your home or office with help from professional movers and need temporary storage for your unused furniture or belongings, your removalist team may be able to help. Furniture movers can often do an all-in-one combined furniture removal and storage package to save you time and money. Not only can your removalist relocate the bulk of your items to your new address, but they can also pick up, pre-pack and protect your unused furniture and store it away in their secure storage location. How’s that for convenience!
What Is The Best Way To Store & Protect Furniture?
Extra care should be taken when storing furniture away for extended periods. Otherwise, you risk damage to your furniture during transit or while it is in storage.
Here are some handy tips to prevent damage to your furniture while in storage:
- Clean your furniture before storing it away – wipe surfaces down and vacuum any dust off the upholstery.
- Take apart furniture where possible for easier storage.
- Cover furniture with fabric to keep dust and debris off (don’t use plastic sheets as this can lead to mould or stains).
- Carefully wrap up fragile items like mirrors or glass panels with bubble wrap or old towels to prevent breakages.
- Elevate your furniture while in storage to prevent moisture from seeping in from the ground up. This will also give your furniture some height and keep your furniture dry in the event your storage space gets flooded.
Why Should I Hire A Professional Removalist To Store My Furniture?
If you’re looking for secure furniture storage Brisbane North locals know and trust, talk to the team at Giffen Furniture Removals. We offer convenient and cost-effective packages for your home or office moves, furniture pre-packing service and temporary furniture storage.
Here are some great reasons to store and relocate your furniture with Giffen:
- Super affordable service – with Giffen, we offer an easy and affordable furniture storage service, so why pay more elsewhere?
- We’ll save you time and pack your furniture for you safely and securely.
- We’ll do all the heavy lifting and storage for you – saving you time and effort.
- Our storage space is clean, safe and secure – so there’s no need to worry about your belongings once they come into our care.
- We offer full insurance options to cover your belongings against damage, fire and theft for your peace of mind.
At Giffen Removals, we make storing your furniture so easy and convenient. Call us on (07) 3162 6783 for your furniture removal and storage needs and ask for a free quote today!