Chances are, if you’re reading this article, you’re probably looking to move in the not-to-distant future, and searching for a reliable furniture removalist in Brisbane. This may be your first time moving out of home, or you might just want to ensure that you find the right service for your needs.
The truth is, hiring a reputable furniture removalist is relatively easy once you know what to look for, and what questions you need to ask.
So what makes a good removalist, and how do you go about finding one? Read on for some sure-fire tips on how to hire the right company for the job.
Finding A Removalist In Brisbane
Before you decide on which removalist to hire, it would be best to explore a few providers first. Here are some ideas for finding local furniture removalists near you:
- Do a quick online search
- Ask friends and family for recommended providers they’ve used in the past
- Check out a local community board or an online freelancing portal
Are They Suitable For My Needs?
No matter how reputable a furniture removalist might be, in the end, they may not be the best option if they can’t cater to your specific needs.
Here are some things you may want to check out to ensure a service provider is the right fit:
- Get a ‘feel’ for the company and their services by looking at their website
- Are they locally based? Save on costs by hiring a removalist that’s close to you.
- Do they travel out to the location you are moving to?
- Do they offer a payment method that suits e.g. do they offer a fixed price move, provide after pay or a payment plan etc.?
Signs Of A Good Furniture Removalist
Choosing a reputable furniture removalist you can count on is easy when you know what makes a good one stand out above the rest. Here are some key traits of all good furniture removalists to keep an eye out for:
- They have a lot of positive reviews online and you’ve received positive referrals from friends or family members who have used their services previously
- They’ve been in business for a good number of years (at least 5 years)
- They provide obligation-free written quotes so you are clear on pricing (remember to grab a few quotes from various providers for comparison)
- They offer value for money services at reasonable rates. It may be worth noting that you get what you pay for when it comes to a removalist service so don’t always go for the cheapest. By paying that little bit extra, you get peace of mind knowing that your belongings will be handled with better care.
- They offer additional services including pre-packing, furniture assembly and disassembly, providing moving boxes, and temporary furniture storage services.
- They are accredited by the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA).
The Nitty Gritty – Important Questions To Ask
So you’ve done your research and narrowed down your choices to only a handful of providers. How do you make your final decision? By asking removalists the following questions, you’ll be well on your way to ensuring their services are suitable for your specific moving needs:
- What are your service costs or rates (i.e. is it a fixed price or hourly rate and are there additional charges such as driving to and from the job)?
- Do you have public liability insurance?
- Will my belongings be covered by insurance during the transit?
- What happens if my belongings are damaged or lost during transit?
- Do you offer any additional services?
Hire The Best Furniture Removalist Brisbane Has To Offer
Giffen Furniture Removals are the trusted furniture removalists Brisbane locals know and love. Here are some great reasons to choose Giffen Removals for your next house move:
- We’re AFRA accredited so you know you’ll receive a quality 5-star service at reasonable prices
- We are highly experienced movers with almost 30 years in the industry
- We service the greater Brisbane area along with other interstate locations along the east coast of Australia
- We provide obligation-free written quotes
- We offer interstate backloading services and removals
- We offer additional services such as pre-packing, storage boxes, temporary furniture storage and more
Visit our website or call our friendly team today on 07 3162 6783 to request an obligation-free quote or to book a value for money, reliable furniture removal service in Brisbane.