You’ve finally set a date for your house move and it’s only a matter of time now before that day quickly creeps up. But right now, it’s time to make an important decision: should you go ahead and hire a removalist or carry out a DIY house move instead?
The answer to that question really depends on your personal circumstances. And to help with making the right decision, we’ll explore the two options in more detail so you can make the best decision that suits your particular needs.
Hiring A Removalist
When it comes to moving house, there are many good reasons to call a professional removalist to assist with your move. Below are some of the main benefits of calling on your local removalist to help you move your belongings:
- Less stress – calling a professional means you can alleviate some of that infamous moving stress by leaving the hard work in the capable hands of professionals.
- Save time – with the professionals taking on most of the hard work and pre-packing your belongings, you can save yourself time and focus on other areas of your move.
- Avoid heavy lifts – hiring a professional means you won’t have to raise a sweat or lift a finger to get your belongings from your home to the moving truck, and then into your new place at the other end of the trip. This means saving your back and preventing accidents like pulling a muscle by lifting something the wrong way.
- Less expenses – working with a removalist means you won’t have to spend a single cent on specialised moving and packing equipment such as removalist blankets and dollys to help get the job done.
- Less breakages – professional movers are highly experienced and skilled at moving furniture and therefore less likely to cause damage to your prized possessions.
DIY House Move
Below are some of the benefits of tackling a DIY house move as opposed to working with a professional removalist:
- Save money – one of the main drawcards of a DIY house move is the amount of money that can be saved from moving your own furniture yourself as opposed to paying someone else to do it.
- You have full control – a DIY house move allows you the flexibility to move as little or as much as you want at a time (and on what days), as well as the speed at which you do it. When working with a professional however, you’re locked into getting the job done on a set moving date/s.
- Peace of mind – a DIY house move can offer peace of mind for those who aren’t comfortable with handing over their belongings to strangers. Furthermore if you’re particularly nervous about others handling your antiques and other valuables, moving them yourself means you can take care of your own belongings and alleviate any concerns about others potentially losing or damaging your things.
Should I Hire A Professional Mover Or DIY?
When it comes to making a decision between hiring a professional removalist or carrying out a house move on your own, here are some things to consider before making that final call:
- Do you have a lot of time between now and moving day?
- Are you able to lift all of your heavy furniture on your own?
- Can you call on family and friends to assist with your move?
- Do you have the right sort of equipment for packing and protecting your furniture as well as moving them to and from the moving vehicle?
- Do you have enough funds to pay for a professional to move your furniture?
- Do you have access to a moving vehicle such as a ute, truck or van?
- Do you have confidence in your ability to navigate tight spaces or staircases when carrying your furniture out of your home?
Save Time & Money On Your Next House Move With Giffen
Moving house doesn’t have to be stressful and time consuming. With Giffen Removals, you can save yourself time and money on your house move by hiring professionals.
Here are some great reasons to work with us:
- We’ve been Brisbane’s trusted movers for over 30 years.
- We offer reasonable rates for our quality furniture removal, pre-packing and storage services.
- Our team have had years of experience and training to ensure we treat your precious furniture and belongings with the utmost care .
- We’ll take care of all the stressful and challenging aspects of your move including the heavy lifting of your furniture, transporting your belongings and even pre-packing your items ahead of moving day – for your peace of mind.
Call the team at Giffen Removals today to discuss hiring a removalist for your moving needs and request an obligation free quote.